Changes to Cooperative's Water Heater Program
To qualify for the $100 water heater rebate:
- The electric water heater must be installed where electricity is supplied by Boone Electric Cooperative. The home must be on a permanent foundation on land owned by the member.
- Water heater must have an energy factor of .90 or greater.
- Limit two rebates for up to two (2) 40-gallon or larger water heaters.
- Provide make, model, energy factor and serial number of appliance; information found on shipping box label. If replacing a water heater, please provide make, model and serial number of old water heater.
- Complete a separate application for each installation site. Visit the Member Services Department at Boone Electric Cooperative headquarters to complete application.
- Include a copy of the original, dated sales receipt with application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed for rebates.
- Submit completed application and sales receipt within 90 days of purchase. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for processing.
- Hybrid heat pump and tankless water heaters are not eligible for rebates.
Call Member Services at 573-449-4181 for warranty details.
PLEASE NOTE: Rebates are limited to services using 6000 kWh or more per year
The Take Control & Save rebate program is limited to cooperative services that use 6000 or more kilowatt-hours on an annual basis. Eligible services include lake homes, workshops, and barns, etc. Commercial/Industrial incentives/rebates may be taxable and if greater than $600, should be reported to the IRS by Cooperative as income to recipient on IRS Form 1099-MISC unless member has indentified themselves as a corporation or as tax exempt entity.